Available in wide variety of engine and body configurations, the Ford Fiesta is a perennial favourite with drivers both old and new in the UK, with very good reason. Whichever model you may choose, the Fiesta has a well-deserved reputation for reliability, value for money and fuel economy: all factors that are very important to first-time buyers as well as more experienced motorists. All of the following factors also make a Ford Fiesta an excellent choice as a first car:
- Mature Network of Dealers – Ford has a long history in the UK and no matter what part of the country you happen to be in, you are sure to be close to a number of official Ford dealers. This means that in addition to the privately-owned Fiestas for sale in your area, you will be able to find many clean examples being sold on local dealers’ forecourts too. If you are not very confident in your ability to pick a decent secondhand model, buying from a dealer that offers a warranty will alleviate many of your worries.
- Numerous Service Centres – The mature dealers’ network for Ford vehicles also means that when the time comes to have your new car serviced, it will be very easy to find a suitably qualified mechanic who can handle the task for you.
- Thriving Secondhand Market – The fact that there are many buyers and sellers of Ford Fiestas at any given time in the UK means that not only should you find it easy to locate a clean example when you are buying your first car but you should also find it relatively easy to sell it when the time for an upgrade comes.
- Decent Performance – The top speed and acceleration figures for your new Fiesta will depend on the model you choose to buy but whichever model you settle on, you can look forward to decent performance, thanks to the well-tested design and high-quality components that are a feature of this iconic car.
- Stylish Exterior and Interior – The Ford Fiesta boasts appealing exterior and interior design features that have been refined over the years in response to feedback from motorists in the UK and across the globe. If you are looking for a first car that not only performs well but looks good too, the Ford Fiesta should definitely be on your shortlist of models to consider.
If you are still not sure whether the Ford Fiesta is the right car for you, it is worth checking out some of the many reviews that you can find online, for further information and for opinions from industry professionals. If you buy one and decide after a while that it is not for you, at least you should find it easy to sell without losing a lot of money in the process.